WBPSC Lab Assistant Syllabus 2022 : Searching for West Bengal PSC Laboratory Assistant Syllabus PDF then you are in right page. Here I discuss about the 2022 Lab Assistant Exam Syllabus of WBPSC Polytechnic. You are able to download WB Public Service Commission Laboratory Assistant 2021 – 2022 Syllabus for Physics, Chemistry, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Civil Engineering, Metallurgy, Computer Science, Food Processing, Electronics, Instrumentation, Agricultural Engineering, Packaging, 3D Animation and Graphics, Medical Laboratory, Chemical Engineering.
WBPSC Lab Assistant Syllabus 2022 PDF Download | All Trades
Last lab assistant exam was organized on 2018. By noticed the WBPSC Lab Assistant Previous Year Exam 2018, I am sharing the syllabus. In this article you can get Polytechnic College Lab Assistant Full Syllabus in Subject wise for upcoming exam.
WBPSC Lab Assistant 2020 Selection Procedure
WBPSC organized this exam through offline mode. Selection procedure of Wb Laboratory Assistant Exam is through Written Test and Personality Test. Total marks of written test is 50 and the total marks of interview is 50. So, WBPSC Lab Assistant Exam Total marks is 100.
Lab Assistant Written Test Pattern-
|GI and Reasoning||10|
|Subject / Technical Trade||15|
|Personality Test / Interview||50|
WBPSC Lab Assistant Syllabus 2022 – Mechanical Engineering
Mechanical Engineering is a vast trade in engineering and highly tough department competitive exam todays. That is why, if you want to crack really this exam then you have practice full syllabus completely. Here is the syllabus of mechanical engineering for Lab Assistant-
1. Theory of Machines and Machine Design:
Concept of simple machine, Four bar linkage and link motion, Flywheels and fluctuation of energy, Power transmission by belts – V-belts and Flat belts, Clutches – Plate and Conical clutch, Gears – Type of gears, gear profile and gear ratio calculation, Governors – Principles and classification, Riveted joint, Cams, Bearings, Friction in collars and pivots
2. Engineering Mechanics and Strength of Materials:
Equilibrium of Forces, Law of motion, Friction, Concepts of stress and strain, Elastic limit and elastic constants, Bending moments and shear force diagram, Stress in composite bars, Torsion of circular shafts, Bucking of columns – Euler‟s and Rankin‟s theories, Thin walled pressure vessels
3. Thermal Engineering:
Properties of Pure Substances: p-v & P-T diagrams of pure substance like H2O, Introduction of steam table with respect to steam generation process; definition of saturation, wet & superheated status Definition of dryness fraction of steam, degree of superheat of steam H-s chart of steam (Mollier‟s Chart)
1st Law of Thermodynamics: Definition of stored energy & internal energy, 1st Law of Thermodynamics of cyclic process, Non Flow Energy Equation, Flow Energy & Definition of Enthalpy, Conditions for Steady State Steady Flow; Steady State Steady Flow Energy Equation
2nd Law of Thermodynamics: Definition of Sink, Source Reservoir of Heat, Heat Engine, Heat Pump & Refrigerator; Thermal Efficiency of Heat Engines & co-efficient of performance of Refrigerators, Kelvin – Planck & Clausius Statements of 2nd Law of Thermodynamics, Absolute or Thermodynamic Scale of temperature, Clausius Integral, Entropy, Entropy change calculation of ideal gas processes Carnot Cycle & Carnot Efficiency, PMM-2; definition & its impossibility.
Air standard Cycles for IC engines: Otto cycle; plot on P-V, T-S Planes; Thermal Efficiency, Diesel Cycle; Plot on P-V, T-S planes; Thermal efficiency. IC Engine Performance, IC Engine Combustion, IC Engine Cooling & Lubrication.
Rankine cycle of steam: Simple Rankine cycle plot on P-V, T-S, h-s planes, Rankine cycle efficiency with & without pump work Boilers; Classification; Specification; Fittings & Accessories: Fire Tube & Water Tube
Boilers; Air Compressors & their cycles; Refrigeration cycles; Principle of a Refrigeration Plant; Nozzles &
4. Fluid Mechanics & Machinery:
Properties & Classification of Fluid: ideal & real fluids, Newton‟s law of viscosity, Newtonian and Non Newtonian fluids, compressible and incompressible fluids
Fluid Statics: Pressure at a point Measurement of Fluid Pressure: Manometers, U-tube, Inclined tube
Fluid Kinematics: Stream line, laminar & turbulent flow, external & internal flow, continuity equation
Dynamics of ideal fluids: Bernoulli‟s equation, Total head; Velocity head; Pressure head; Application of Bernoulli‟s equitation Measurement of Flow rate Basic Principles: Venturimeter, Pilot tube, Orifice meter
Hydraulic Turbines: Classifications, Principles
Centrifugal Pumps: Classifications, Principles
5. Production Engineering:
Classification of Steels: Mild steal & alloy steel, Heat treatment of steel, Welding – Arc Welding, Gas Welding, Resistance Welding, Special Welding Techniques i.e. TIG, MIG, etc (Brazing & Soldering), Welding Defects & Testing; NDT, Foundry & Casting – methods, defects, different casting processes, Forging, Extrusion, etc, Metal cutting principles, cutting tools, Basic Principles of machining with (i) Lathe (ii) Milling (iii) Drilling (iv) Shaping (v) Grinding, Machines, tools & manufacturing processes.
WBPSC Lab Assistant Syllabus 2022 – Mechanical Engineering
Electrical Engineering syllabus also vast and tough syllabus. Competition of electrical trade exam in government service is slightly low as of mechanical engineering. Here is the Electrical full syllabus of lab assistant exam-
1. Basic concepts: Concepts of resistance, inductance, capacitance, and various factors affecting them Concepts of current, voltage, power, energy and their units.
2. Circuit law: Kirchhoff‟s law, Simple Circuit solution using network theorems
3. Magnetic Circuit: Concepts of flux, mmf, reluctance, Different kinds of magnetic materials, Magnetic calculations for conductors of different configuration e.g. straight, circular, solenoidal, etc Electromagnetic induction, self and mutual induction
4. AC Fundamentals: Instantaneous, peak, RMS and average values of alternating waves, Representation of sinusoidal wave form, simple series and parallel AC Circuits consisting of RL and C, Resonance, Tank Circuit Poly Phase system – star and delta connection, 3 phase power, DC and sinusoidal response of R-Land R-C circuit
5. Measurement and measuring instruments: Measurement of power (1 phase and 3 phase, both active and re active) and energy, 2 wattmeter method of 3 phase power measurement, Measurement of frequency and phase angle Ammeter and voltmeter (both moving oil and moving iron type), extension of range wattmeter, Multimeters, Megger, Energy meter AC Bridges Use of CRO, Signal Generator, CT, PT and their uses Earth Fault detection
6. Electrical Machines :
(a) DC Machine – Construction, Basic Principles of DC motors and generators, their characteristics, speed control and starting of DC Motors Method of braking motor, Losses and efficiency of DC Machines
(b) 1 phase and 3 phase transformers – Construction, Principles of operation, equivalent circuit, voltage regulation, OC and SC Tests, Losses and efficiency Effect of voltage, frequency and wave form on losses Parallel operation of 1 phase /3 phase transformers Auto transformers
(c) 3 phase induction motors, rotating magnetic field, principle of operation, equivalent circuit, torque-speed characteristics, starting and speed control of 3 phase induction motors Methods of braking, effect of voltage and frequency variation on torque speed characteristics
Fractional Kilowatt Motors and Single Phase Induction Motors: Characteristics and applications
7. Synchronous Machines – Generation of 3-phase emf armature reaction, voltage regulation, parallel operation of two alternators, synchronizing, control of active and reactive power Starting and
applications of synchronous motors
8. Generation, Transmission and Distribution – Different types of power stations, Load factor, diversity factor, demand factor, cost of generation, inter-connection of power stations Power factor improvement, various types of tariffs, types of faults, short circuit current for symmetrical faults
Switchgears – rating of circuit breakers, Principles of arc extinction by oil and air, HRC Fuses, Protection against earth leakage / over current, etc Buchholtz relay, Merz-Price system of protection of generators & transformers, protection of feeders and bus bars Lightning arresters, various transmission and distribution system, comparison of conductor materials, efficiency of different
System Cable – Different type of cables, cable rating and derating factor
Estimation and costing : Estimation of lighting scheme, electric installation of machines and relevant IE rules Earthing practices and IE Rules
Utilization of Electrical Energy : Illumination, Electric heating, Electric welding, Electroplating, Electric drives and motors
Basic Electronics : Working of various electronic devices e.g. P N Junction diodes, Transistors (NPN and PNP type), BJT and JFET Simple circuits using these devices
WBPSC Lab Assistant Syllabus 2022 – Civil Engineering
1. Building Materials: Physical and Chemical properties, classification, standard tests, uses and manufacture/ quarrying of materials e.g. building stones, silicate based materials, cement (Portland), asbestos products, timber and wood based products, laminates, bituminous materials, paints, varnishes.
2. Estimating, Costing and Valuation: estimate, glossary of technical terms, analysis of rates, methods and unit of measurement, Items of work – earthwork, Brick work (Modular & Traditional bricks), RCC work, Shuttering, Timber work, Painting, Flooring, Plastering, Boundary wall, Brick building, Water Tank, Septic tank, Bar bending schedule, Centre line method, Mid-section formula, Trapezodial formula, Simpson‟s rule, Cost estimate of Septic tank, flexible pavements, Tube well, isolates and combined footings, Steel Truss, Piles and pile-caps. Valuation – Value and cost, scrap value, salvage value, assessed value, sinking fund, depreciation and obsolescence, methods of valuation.
3. Surveying: Principles of surveying, measurement of distance, chain surveying, working of prismatic compass, compass traversing, bearings, local attraction, plane table surveying, theodolite traversing, adjustment of theodolite, Levelling, Definition of terms used in levelling, contouring, curvature and refraction corrections, temporary and permanent adjustments of dumpy level, methods of contouring, uses of contour map, tachometric survey, curve setting, earth work calculation, advanced surveying equipment
4. Soil Mechanics: Origin of soil, phase diagram, Definitions-void ratio, porosity, degree of saturation, water content, specific gravity of soil grains, unit weights, density index and interrelationship of different parameters, Grain size distribution curves and their uses Index properties of soils, Atterberg‟s limits, ISI soil classification and plasticity chart Permeability of soil, coefficient of permeability, determination of coefficient of permeability, Unconfined and confined aquifers, effective stress, quick sand, consolidation of soils, Principles of consolidation, degree of consolidation, pre-consolidation pressure, normally consolidated soil, e-log p curve, computation of ultimate settlement Shear strength of soils, direct shear test, Vane shear test, Triaxial test Soil compaction, Laboratory compaction test, Maximum dry density and optimum moisture content, earth pressure theories, active and passive earth pressures, Bearing capacity of soils, plate load test, standard penetration test
5. Hydraulics: Fluid properties, hydrostatics, measurements of flow, Bernoulli‟s theorem and its application, flow through pipes, flow in open channels, weirs, flumes, spillways, pumps and turbines
6. Irrigation Engineering: Definition, necessity, benefits, 2II effects of irrigation, types and methods of irrigation, Hydrology – Measurement of rainfall, run off coefficient, rain gauge, losses from precipitation – evaporation, infiltration, etc Water requirement of crops, duty, delta and base period, Kharif and Rabi Crops, Command area, Time factor, Crop ratio, Overlap allowance, Irrigation efficiencies Different type of canals, types of canal irrigation, loss of water in canals Canal lining – types and advantages Shallow and deep to wells, yield from a well Weir and barrage, Failure of weirs and permeable foundation, Slit and Scour, Kennedy‟s theory of critical velocity Lacey‟s theory of uniform flow Definition of flood, causes and effects, methods of flood control, water logging, preventive measure Land reclamation, Characteristics of affecting fertility of soils, purposes, methods, description of land and reclamation processes Major irrigation projects in India
7. Transportation Engineering: Highway Engineering – cross sectional elements, geometric design, types of pavements, pavement materials – aggregates and bitumen, different tests, Design of flexible and rigid pavements – Water Bound Macadam (WBM) and Wet Mix Macadam (WMM), Gravel Road, Bituminous construction, Rigid pavement joint, pavement maintenance, Highway drainage, Railway Engineering- Components of permanent way – sleepers, ballast, fixtures and fastening, track geometry, points and crossings, track junction, stations and yards Traffic Engineering – Different traffic survey, speed-flow-density and their interrelationships, intersections and interchanges, traffic signals, traffic operation, traffic signs and markings, road safety
8. Environmental Engineering: Quality of water, source of water supply, purification of water, distribution of water, need of sanitation, sewerage systems, circular sewer, oval sewer, sewer appurtenances, sewage treatments Surface water drainage Solid waste management – types, effects, engineered management system Air pollution – pollutants, causes, effects, control Noise pollution – cause, health effects, control
This is WBPSC Lab Assistant Syllabus 2022 PDF Trade Wise Downloadable link. By one click you can download respective subject syllabus.