National Science Centre, Delhi
The National Science Centre, Delhi is a unit of the National Council of Science Museums (NCSM), which is an autonomous body under the Ministry of Culture of the Government of India. It is a pioneering institute engaged in the popularisation of science among the people of the northern part of India in general and among the students in particular. It was inaugurated on the 9th of January 1992 by the then Prime Minister of India . Since opening, the Centre has rendered yeoman service to the cause of science popularisation.
- Popularisation of Science among the general public at large & students in particular.
- Efforts to achieve scientific literacy in the country.
- To inculcate Scientific Awareness & Scientific Temper.
- To organise various educational programmes for the benefit of students, teachers & society.
- Supporting curriculum based education at school & college level by imparting teachers training.
- Encouraging inquisitive minds to inculcate innovative ideas.
- Display & demonstration of progress & achievements in various fields in science and technology.
- "Learning To Do", "Learn Through Fun" have been chosen as mode of learning.
- Preserving the Science & Technology Heritage of the country.
Download Audio Guide Tour App of the National Science Centre, Delhi.